Balcom seeks social media PR ninja
The Balcom Agency, a leading interactive, advertising and public relations agency is looking for a social media specialist to assist with growing social media efforts and clients.
- Taking the lead in integrating social media into larger strategic communications campaigns involving other online and offline media. Hands-on implementation of social media activity.
- Writing: news releases and other press materials; articles for publication; web content (including blogs and other social media).
- Strategic planning: either as part of a team or occasionally working independently.
- Working directly with clients on a project basis when time allows.
- Using Vocus online media database for media list-building, news release distribution, research when time allows.
- Preparing and reviewing strategic social media reports.
- Staffing and tweeting from special events, particularly media events when time allows.
Ideal Candidate will have the following qualities and experience:
- Incurable learner that keeps on the leading edge of technology and best practices.
- Intensive, hands-on, in-depth knowledge of social media.
- Strategic thinker; excellent writing ability.
- Driven; proactive work style.
- Familiarity with tools such as TweetDeck, Seesmic Desktop, Google Analytics, content management systems, Radian6, Yammer, Basecamp, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and clients.
Interested? Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org